Kroc Center Facility Guidelines
In order to facilitate positive life experiences while visiting the Kroc Center, mutual respect between members, guests, and staff is required at all times. Failure to observe these policies will result in disciplinary action and/or termination of membership privileges. Some areas have individually posted rules. Please check these rules before entering the area. Kroc Center personnel have the right to refuse service to anyone deemed disruptive or abusive.
• For the safety and security of all, members are required to check in at the welcome desk with their membership card.
Child Facility Access
• 0–11 year olds must be accompanied by an adult (16+) at the Kroc Center.
• 12–15 year olds may only use the fitness equipment after completing a Teen Fit orientation class. Call or visit the Fitness Desk for more information about the class.
• 12+ year olds may use any area on the first floor of the facility without an adult.
• Ages 16+ may use the entire facility.
Appropriate clothing is required while using the Kroc Center:
• All clothing must exhibit good taste, contain no offensive words or pictures, and be clean.
• Shirts must reasonably cover the front and back of the torso. Pants and shorts must be worn above the waistline and cover the entire bottom.
• Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times, except in the pool.
• Shoes must be clean of dirt and not leave marks. Open-toed shoes, including sandals, are not permitted on the fitness floor.
• Wet clothing is not allowed outside the pool or locker rooms.
• Members or guests whose body odor is offensive or disruptive to others will be discreetly informed by Kroc Center staff.
• All decisions regarding whether clothing meets the guidelines will be made by Kroc Center staff.
• Food and beverages are permitted in designated areas only.
• Only spill-proof sport bottles are allowed on the fitness floor and in the gym.
In cases of severe weather, the Kroc Center may cancel programs and drop-in classes held during operation hours.
For closure information, visit Kroccenterchicago.com or Facebook.com/KrocChicago, or call 773.995.0151 for updates.
Fitness Center & Gym Guidelines
• Purses, backpacks, work boot, bags of any size, and wallets must be stored in a locker.
• Only Kroc Center staff is allowed to provide instruction on exercise technique, equipment preparation and adjustments.
• You can schedule a full equipment orientation at the Fitness Desk. Personal and/or Sports training on the premises is restricted to Kroc Center Staff.
• Strollers and wheelchairs are not permitted on the indoor and outdoor track.
• Outside training equipment is not permitted in Kroc facilities.
• The Kroc Center provides free use of athletic equipment such as volleyballs and basketballs when available. A membership ID or Day Pass is required. Parents must check out equipment for children 11 years old and under. Please see the Gymnasium Office.
Aquatics Center Guidelines
• A cleansing shower is required before pool entry.
• A clean bathing suit is required. Street clothes and cut-offs are not permitted. For females, bathing suits (including tankini’s) are required to completely cover the torso and sides (including young children).
• Life jackets must be Coast Guard–approved.
• Children who are not potty-trained must wear a swim diaper.
• Children aged 6 and younger must be accompanied in the water within arm’s reach of an adult (aged 16+). Adults accompanying children aged 7 and older who have passed a swim test may remain poolside.
• The hot tub is available for guests aged 16+
• The required height to use the slide is 48 inches.
• Guests are responsible for recognizing their own limitations and acting in the best interest of their own safety. Lifeguards may stop any activity that is deemed unsafe and may cause injury or conflict.
• A swim test is required for the use of the deep areas of the pool for children 12 and under.
For safety, the following items/actions are prohibited:
• Running, diving or horseplay, including sitting on the shoulders of others, throwing guests and hanging on lap lane dividers or splash pad features
• Prolonged breath holding
• Street shoes
• Food, beverages or gum
• Use of the pool if guest has a communicable disease or open sore
• Other activities that Kroc Center lifeguards determine are unsafe
The following are strictly prohibited on the Kroc Center campus:
• Possessing a firearm or other type of weapon
• Being under the influence of, or in possession of alcohol, drugs or other controlled substances
• Bringing pets inside the facility (with the exception of handicap assistance dogs) or animals outside the facility that are not on a leash 8’ or shorter in length.
• Use of open flame
• Solicitation of funds (unless approved by the Kroc Center)
• Using or storing bicycles, skates and skateboards inside the Kroc Center
• Taking pictures or video of guests without permission
• Use of amplified music without permission from the Kroc Center
• Use of the facility by outside agencies for monetary gain without paying a rental fee
• Conducting programs or services without prior approval that are similar or in conflict with services, programs or events sponsored by the Kroc Center, including personal training and private swim lessons
The Salvation Army is dedicated to keeping children and vulnerable adults safe from physical, emotional and sexual harm. This is part of our commitment to children through the “Safe From Harm” protection program.
Safe From Harm guidelines ensure The Kroc Corps Community Center emphasizes safety in the following ways:
• Salvation Army personnel (officers, employees and volunteers) are trained in child abuse prevention and encouraged to report suspected child/vulnerable adult abuse.
• The Salvation Army personnel undergo criminal background checks.
• Adults accessing the facility are screened against public sexual offender registry.
• The Kroc Center maintains video surveillance of the facility 24 hours a day.
• Instructors are trained in appropriate interactions with Kroc members to enhance learning by creating a safe and inviting environment.
• Programs involving children are closely monitored to ensure adequate supervision and safe interactions between Kroc personnel and children.
• The Kroc Center constantly adapts and enhances safety protocols to adjust to needs.
Members and guests are encouraged to report suspicious behavior.
The Salvation Army Kroc Center reserves the right to remove from the facility and terminate the membership of any member who fails to comply with any posted rules and regulation or otherwise breaches the Code of Conduct, in which case member will not be entitled to a refund of dues.
• A parent/guardian of any child under the age of 18 must be present for the first 10 minutes of their child’s first class of the session to receive important class announcements and waiver information.
• A parent/guardian of any child under the age of 12 must remain on the Kroc Center campus for the duration of their child’s class each time it meets, with the exception of Camp Kroc day camp.
• A parent/guardian must be present on the pool deck during swim lessons for any child under the age of 12.
• The Kroc Center reserves the right to change schedules, pricing, programming and guidelines.
• The Kroc Center accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
• Membership fee(s) and the required $40 enrollment fee are due at time of sign up.
• The monthly membership fee can be set-up as a recurring automatic payment or payment can be made in person every month.
• The Kroc Center reserves the right to cancel or close programs that have not met minimum enrollment numbers. Those registered for a program that is canceled by the Kroc Center will be given the choice of a full refund, class transfer or Kroc Center gift card for the amount paid.
• Membership fees are non-refundable. No Credit will be given for any unused portion of canceled membership. Changes or cancellations to a membership plan must be submitted by the 15th of the month to ensure the change is effective the last day of current month. Request to Cancel membership received on or after the 16th of the month will end the last day of the following month.
• If a membership has been inactive for 90 days or more, the $40 enrollment fee will be assessed to reinstate the membership.
• There is not a fee for cancellation.
• Membership downgrades and removal of family members may be assessed a $20 service charge.
For more information, review our facility policies and safety information.